Monday, February 27, 2012

Moo-Mates!

I am super excited about a meeting I had this morning!  I have been trying for quite a while to connect with Karen but between busy schedules and then having to walk away from the table just moments before she pulled into the parking lot because Madeline decided to have strep throat... ok, she didn't really "decide" but you know what I mean.  It just seemed like everything was working against us getting together!  


Karen works at Operation Food Search and coordinates the churches and volunteers that pack their backpack program in Wentzville and several other Saint Charles schools.  She is super awesome and I think the meeting went long because we both have the same heart when it comes to feeding kids and providing a community with opportunities to serve.  I think we could have talked and brainstormed the entire day but she had to make a deliver to a volunteer, which is good because I've got a ton of work to do before spring break!  Anyway... Karen has finally received approval to donate milk to Bear Necessities on a weekly basis for our kids!!!  


So, in addition to the fresh produce that our kids receive (I'm excited to say that it was THREE APPLES EACH last week!) they will also receive milk to drink!  I know that I say it a lot and it's soooo cliche` but together, we really are making a difference!




look... our milk even has a bear on it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment