Friday, May 25, 2012

Please Don't Ignore This Post

Summer Time!  For so many reasons I am so excited that it's finally here!  I love having my kids home... even when they're yelling at each other and pulling hair!  Sometimes the school year gets so busy that we don't get to conquer or learn everything that I'd like so that little bit of extra time in the summer moths to teach them something new just gets me all excited.  We're still working on what all we want to do this summer but I know that before I blink my eyes, it will be time to go get school supplies again!  


As I mentioned previously, we are continuing to serve kids over the summer with Bear Necessities.  In talking with Mr. Marian, we have some families with VERY SEVERE needs and that just confirmed to me how important Bear Necessities is and how important it is that we continue serving over the summer!  So often I have to tell my children that we're having something they don't like for dinner, only to be met with the parade of complaints that follow.  I'll admit that my sympathy for pickyness is pretty slim.  Yet, I simply cannot imagine telling them that there is NOTHING for dinner at all.  While I'm all excited to teach my kids about gardening and getting to do do some extra scripture research this summer, others' kids are teaching themselves to not feel so hungry when the pantry is empty.  

Man!  I can hardly type that without tears in my eyes! 


Now, that we're all weepy, let's do what we can do to be productive and meet the urgent needs of our friends!


Deliveries over the summer will be WEDNESDAY MORNINGS.  

That means that food really needs to arrive by Monday.  This weekend is going to be particularly rough with the Monday holiday.  If you're reading this, please ACT on it.  I know that we have a LOT of usual donors out of town!  



Here's what we need:

2 individual boxes of cereal
18 cereal breakfast bars
18 cans of soup
17 cans ravioli
18 easy mac envelopes
18 cans corn
12 big boxes of raisins
14 applesauce
18 peanut butter crackers
13 apples

1 comment:

  1. I will keep you up on the fruit and I will add whatever else I can do. My goal is to buy a case of apples, oranges, peaches or whatever else I can get good deals on over the Summer. I will try to change it up a bit when I can.
    My kids have had some amazing light bulb moments when they pack the brown bags for Gateway Homeless. We drop them off and they comment about the kids there. Yes, this is where they live!I will talk to you about possibilities on fresh produce.

    ReplyDelete