Friday, May 11, 2012

Hope

I heard a quote recently that said:



"Our nation should be able to feed our children and if we can't do that, there's not a lot of hope for anything else we hope to do as a people."



Admittedly, I have no idea where I heard that statement.  It might have been in the movie I referenced here.  If not, then I really don't know but it struck me enough that I wrote it down on a piece of paper on my desk.  The fact that I came across it today is nothing short of a miracle.  Those that have seen my desk know exactly what I mean.  (Seriously, it's a sad, unorganized nightmare to see.)


What I do know today is that... in this community... at John Weldon Elementary... our children have been fed and that gives me such hope!  Even more importantly, it gives those children hope... it gives their parents hope!  Week after week, we are not just delivering beefaroni, apples and granola bars, we are bringing HOPE!  Hope that others care... Hope that God sees them... Hope that one day will be better.  Each person that chooses to be a member of this community is an agent of hope!  What a beautiful thing it is!

As we press on, continuing to answer the call to bring hope, here are the items we need for this week:
 

18 individual boxes of cereal
24 cereal bars
24 cans of tuna
12 sleeves Ritz crackers
14 cans of soup
24 envelopes of easy mac
17 cans of corn
20 fruit cups
20 applesauce
8 peanut butter crackers
 
Thank you to each and every one of you!




And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.  --Romans 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment