Monday, September 24, 2012

Hungry Kate: The Girl With A Belly Ache & This week's needs

 I came across this video by Feeding America and it was such a powerful reminder of why we do what we do!  Please watch this:













 Every single person who donates prayer, time and food for Bear Necessities is helping a "Kate" in our community!  Some weeks I feel like you all just have to get tired of the constant reminders that food is needed...  I mean, I know that I delete some of the emails I get from some places that just seem to NEVER.STOP.ASKING... 

but then I remember the "Kates" and how their little tummies are THEIR constant reminder that food is needed and if we don't make that extra trip to the grocery store... or sacrifice that cup of Starbucks... or cook at home one night instead of eating out... Kate won't get fed.  When I remember that this is about all of the "Kates" in the community... when I remember that "Kate" may sit next to my daughter or son at lunch... or play with them at recess... or even come over to my house at times for playdates... I KNOW that I have to keep sending the reminders! 

Here's our list for this week:

20 individual cereal boxes

28 cans tuna
16 ritz cracker sleeves
28 cans corn
21 fruit cups



‘For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ “Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? ‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? ‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ “The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

Matthew 25:35-40

No comments:

Post a Comment