Wednesday, May 15, 2013

LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL

Next week is the last week of school.  I can hardly believe it!  While I haven't gotten numbers yet, we are expecting to provide for families over the summer as well.  If it is anything like last summer, we will have less kids because the parents will be required to pick up the bags on Tuesdays and unfortunately, not everyone is able to do this. I will update everyone on summer as soon as I get more information.

Until then, this list is for everything that will go home next week.  We will be sending the bags on Thursday so that the kids don't have to mess with them on the last day of school.  So we need everything by noon on Wednesday.

54 individual boxes of cereal
8 cans chilli
4 cans peas
19 cans tuna
27 cans soup
14 cans corn
54 applesauce
25 individual bags cheez its
8 nutragrain bars
6 sleeves ritz crackers
8 regular family boxes of Mac n Cheese

This probably seems like a bigger than usual list and it is.  This will cover 2 weekends and will enable us to not pack bags the first week of June as I will be unavailable that week.  I certainly don't want the kids to suffer because I am not available so we are working ahead a little.  I know that it's the end of the school year and schedules and funds can be REALLY tight right now.  If you are able to pick up anything off of the list, you really cannot imagine how much the kids appreciate it!  For that matter, I cannot imagine how much the parents appreciate it too.   Just to be able to feed their kids is such a simple need and it is one that through all God has provided through this loving community they are able to meet!


No comments:

Post a Comment