Friday, January 31, 2014

Winter, birthday bags, next week, sign ups and news

I've got to say, I'm not really a big fan of winter... don't get me wrong, I like one or two big snows so that we can take the kids sledding but beyond that, the cold is just not for me.  I get cold and I cannot get warm!  I don't think I've had full feeling in my fingertips since November!  Tonight, however, we are supposed to get an icy mix and I'm so totally excited to hunker down tonight with the fam totally unable to go anywhere because the roads "might" be bad.  Sometimes, after a long crazy week, a good night of freezing rain is just what I need!  (Dear Lord, please let it all be melted by morning!)

Bear Necessities has continued to serve 41 kids in January and gave five of those kids birthday bags.  We have six birthday bags that need to go home in February and we need large gift bags and peanut free classroom treats for those kids.  Each student has 22-24 kids in their class.  The total number of treats we need is 133.  Remember that everything has to be individually wrapped, with the ingredients on it and on the peanut free list.  

Some of the items from the Student Council food drive are finally starting to run out.  The following items are needed for next week:

14 peanut butter (18 oz)
37 Ritz cracker sleeves
15 fruit cups
20 applesauce
40 apples

Lastly, all of the packing opportunities have been filled but if you are available on Friday mornings to drop off the bags at John Weldon, please sign up:

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0F4AAEAA22A64-20122013

Ok.  Maybe this is actually last, we have been contacted by Francis Howell Middle school to begin serving the students there.  We don't know how many kids we will be serving but what I do know is that God will provide for these kids too!  

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm new here! What does delivering involve? Where do we pick up? Where do we take it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenkins Family, I just received your comment on here for some reason. Delivering involves driving to the Peyton home in Fieldstone Farms subdivision, picking up around 6-7 cardboard boxes filled with our bags of food, driving the bags to John Weldon and meeting one of the counselors at an exterior door by their office to drop them off. It's super easy and is done in less than 15 minutes MAX! Hope to meet y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete