Monday, October 22, 2012

Thanksgiving Blessings and THIS week

In just over four weeks we will celebrate Thanksgiving.  I can never decide which is my favorite part of the meal.  Is it the stuffing? No!  It's the green bean casserole!  But then I see the pumpkin pie...  I doubt I'll ever be able to decide and so every year I just eat.it.all and then sit with my belly aching from being so stuffed!  I hope that is how Thanksgiving is for you this year.  I wish that's how it was for everyone... but I know it is not.  With food costs higher than last year and nearly 13% of suburban homes being food insecure, it's highly unlikely that everyone will sit back on Thanksgiving night groaning from too much food. 

Last year we were able to provide all the fixings for a yummy Thanksgiving dinner for all the families we served.  This year we are currently serving 18 families at John Weldon.  It's a few more than we were at this time last year but I know that if we all pull together, we can help these families enjoy the holiday and know that they are loved by God and their community.  If you can and feel called to help, please read last year's blog post on how it will work.  Donations will work just like we did last year. 

The deadline for donations this year will be November 16. 

Now, for this week, we need the following items to fill our bags this week:

12 individual cereal boxes
26 cereal bars
24 soup
6 ravioli
23 easy mac envelopes
26 corn
2 raisins
11 applesauce
5 peanut butter crackers
26 pudding cups



No comments:

Post a Comment