Monday, November 7, 2011

Thanksgiving Blessing

We've got 17 days until Thanksgiving and I just found out today that we will be able to bless our families with a donation for the holiday!  WOO!!! HOO!!!  I am so excited about this!!!

This is how it's going to work:  cash donations and Dierbergs gift card donations are welcome.  Each family enrolled in Bear Necessities will be able to pick up all or part of a Thanksgiving meal at the Dierbergs at the intersection of Hwy K and N in O'Fallon.  What we will do is put all of the money together and split it equally among the families.  They will be able to pick up items like turkey, mashed potatoes, sides and pies the week of Thanksgiving. 

Please do not drop donations in the box on my front porch!  ESPECIALLY CASH OR GIFT CARDS!!!!!  Donations can be sent to school and brought to the attention of Mr. Marion.  Donations can also be given to me as well.  You can mail them to me too.

Unfortunately, I cannot take checks for this at this time.  

I realize this makes it a little more difficult but there are a lot of financial logistics with this so I hope you understand!  If you don't feel comfortable sending cash to school with your child, please contact me and we can figure something out.  I don't want these families to miss out on a Thanksgiving Blessing over logistics!

Donations for this need to be to me no later than 11/18.  

I've also got something in the works to bless them for Christmas but am still needing to get some specifics together to finalize it.  Don't forget that we still have three other weekends this month that we have to serve the kids and I know that, at this time of the year, money can get tight.  Let us all remember how blessed we are and all that we have to be thankful for as we give that same blessing to others!

No comments:

Post a Comment