Friday, November 18, 2011

Awesome, Just AWESOME!

Wow!  What a week!  We packed bags on Wednesday.  We packed bags on Thursday.  We packed bags on Friday.  We are finished packing bags until after Thanksgiving though and I'm glad that I can now direct all of my attention to getting the remnants of work finished before the holiday season really sets in!  I know some of you overachievers are already wrapping gifts and I'm hoping to get in on some sales next weekend and maybe even start finish my list! 

At this moment we have Thanksgiving Blessing bags of all of our Bear Necessities families sitting in my foyer, ready to be delivered.  They will go home on Monday... along with a voucher for them to go get a turkey or ham at Dierbergs.  For those food lovers... they're getting stuff to make stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, sweet potatoes, corn, turkey gravy and turkey. mmmmmmmm...... I can feel the tryptophan nap coming on already!

Initially, we had planned to do everything through Dierbergs (who was still very kind to us) but through a series of "coincidental" meetings, coupon donations and $10 off Thursday we purchased all of the fixins' for the perfect Turkey Day dinner at Shop 'N Save (the one by Monticello).  The manager up there, Rodney, even went around with a cart and gathered everything up for us before we arrived to save us some time!  Talk about some amazing customer service!!!   Thank the Lord for Rodney and for all the little things that, together, added up to a savings of $60 on that part of our blessing!!!  The great part of that savings is that we were able to increase the amount of their vouchers at Dierbergs!  Awesome, just AWESOME!!!

The regular weekend bags will go home on Tuesday.  To any of our families who receive bags & know that your student won't be at school on Tuesday, please give Mr. Marian or Mrs. Meyer a call and have them let me know and I'll bring them up to the school on Monday so that you can pick it up.  I'm afraid that sending both home in a backpack might be too heavy though.  Regardless, between the counselors and myself, we will do our best to make sure it gets where it needs to go. 

Now, not to make this the longest blog post every but I do want to let you know that we have a Christmas Blessing plan as well.  Forms were approved and went home this week for our students to list one item, $20 or less, that they would like to receive for Christmas.  I'm hoping to get all of the forms back no later than Tuesday so that we can post them online for people to choose.  If you think you'd like to bless one  of our John Weldon kids for Christmas, be sure to check back on the blog next week!

Blessings to you this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment