Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Right on time!

I've heard it said several times that God is never late but seldom early and yet, always right on time.  That was so true today!!!  Just a few hours ago I sent a text to the volunteer who was coming to pack bags to say that I didn't expect to have what we needed to pack the bags after school.  I wasn't upset about it.  I've had a few monetary donations that I have sitting in a folder and planned to take that to the store to get what was left.  I knew that there was already a way available to have what was needed.  I haven't felt led to spend that money on anything just yet and if it turns out to fill the gap one week, I'm ok with that... as if it's about what I'm ok with.  Anyway, within two hours of sending that text today a quite impressive amount of food came in and we had everything we needed to pack the bags after school.  Chris was sitting in the living room when one person dropped off some stuff...

and then another...

and then another...

and then another...

and then he asked, "Is that someone else dropping off stuff?  Wow!"



In the book of Genesis, God is called "Jehovah Jireh" by Abraham.  It means

"The Lord will Provide." 


Indeed.  Nearly every single time the box is filled, I have no clue which human hands have filled it but I am confident of from where the food has come. I am thankful for the provision of Christ.

We also received some stuff for next week but still need the following:


14 cans of chili
14 cans of beefaroni
22 nutragrain bars
25 apples


Thank you to each and every person that is obedient to the call to donate and participate in loving the other families in our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment