Thursday, October 20, 2011

Exactly what we needed!

This morning I woke up... well, obviously... Anyway, when I awoke, before I opened my eyes, I was praying "Lord, I think we still need two cans of something, maybe beefaroni and some more of something I can't remember but YOU know what we need for the bags so I trust you to bring it."  I got up... got the kids and myself ready for the day... took the kids to school... brought Gavin back home because he had forgotten his backpack (as if you'd need that for school)... took Gavin back to school... picked up terribly unhealthy McDonald's to start the day off right... came home to fix myself a cup of java... chatted on the phone with a friend and then went to do my counting.  As I counted I realized.... no, we did not need two more cans of something nor did we need some more of something else.  We had exactly 30 of SOOO MANY THINGS and no less than 30 of anything!   I had added some of the stuff to the inventory list when it arrived but somehow I had missed exactly two cans of beefaroni and a bag of apples.  I was so excited by God's faithfulness at this point that I could hardly stand still but then it just got better.  The apple bags usually have ten apples in them.  I knew that Gavin had dropped a bag when he was carrying it downstairs (for the record, he is no longer allowed to carry the apples for obvious reasons).  There were two bad apples... ugh!  but as I got to looking, one of the bags had exactly... you guessed it... TWELVE!!!  So, we received exactly what we needed!  Yay God!

For next week, here's the updated list:


24 Peanut Butter
1 Almond Butter
24 Plastic jars of Jelly
2 box of Ritz Crackers
15 individual Easy Mac envelopes
17 cans of green beans
7 fruit cups
30 apples

"Your love, LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies." Psalm 36:5

No comments:

Post a Comment