Sunday, January 27, 2013

Donations and Packing

Goodness!  I know it's ridiculous that I'm just getting this post up and I apologize!  I know that you all have to get to the store to make this all work and I should have done this before the weekend.  I do hope you'll all forgive me.  

Before I get to the list of what we need, if I may, I'd like to share a story. 
After the devastating tragedy that happened at Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Ct, I heard of many people choosing different avenues to make something good come from the awful.  It seems to be what we do as humans when we feel like we've lost control.

I read about one mom who was taking her child to the movies when a young man walked up to her with an envelope that had prepaid tickets and a note letting her know that the good deed (paying for someone else's tickets) was to honor one of the victims at Sandy Hook elementary. 

Locally, a woman found an envelope on her car at the Chesterfield Mall that had a similar note and $26.  Very touched, and not in need herself, she passed the good deed on to someone else and shared with some friends about what had happened and how it had moved her. Those friends were touched and wanting to keep it going, gave each of their adult children's families $26 to share with someone else in need in honor of the lives lost at Sandy Hook.  I'm so grateful that one of those families thought of Bear Necessities and passed the good deed on to us! 

Have you wanted to do something like this to honor the losses?  I do love to hear about beautiful things like this!

OK.  On to the list for this week.  It's a bit longer as we've gone through most of the reserves from Christmas donations. 

22 19 individual cereal boxes

27 11 breakfast bars
23 cans tuna
23 12 ritz cracker sleeves
18 12 cans soup
14 2 easy mac envelopes
18 fruit cups
12 applesauce
11 1 pudding cups
50 bags cheez its

Please remember, you don't have to get everything to help.  EVERY LITTLE BIT comes together to make enough!

Don't forget to sign up to pack bags with your kids too:

http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0F4AAEAA22A64-20122013


No comments:

Post a Comment