Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012

Wow!  What a whirlwind Christmas was for me and I know from facebook that some of you aren't even finished yet!  While I just love the celebration of Christmas and spending time with family and friends, the hustle and bustle of it all is enough to cause me to need a vacation!  Alas, the new semester starts in one week and as one who loves a new challenge, along with new beginnings, I want to make sure that we start 2012 off on the right foot so I am posting early!


I made one small change for this semester.  I decided to use Sign Up Genius instead of Volunteer Spot as the online sign up site.  Everything is on one page and it just seems to have a nicer flow to it.  I hope you agree.  Remember to check it out and sign up right away if you want to volunteer.  I have had several people say that they wanted to bring their kids over to pack bags and am hoping that each will take the opportunity!  It doesn't take very long and really is a meaningful experience for everyone!  

I am also offering the opportunity for you to deliver the bags to school so if you're free on Fridays and would like to do that, be sure to sign up for that too!  I have put times on both but the times are flexible if you need it to be.  I just had to put something on the site.  Click below to sign up:


http://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0F4AAEAA22A64-volunteer


Now, onto donations.  Last semester seemed to go perfectly so we'll keep doing it the same way... so, on that note, here's what we'll need by January 4:


10 small individual boxes of cereal
23 envelopes of oatmeal
24 peanut butter
25 jelly in plastic containers
24 envelopes of easy mac
20 cans of green beans
18 fruit cups
18 applesauce
25 small individual cheez it bags
25 apples




Thanks, in advance, to all of you who sign up or are printing this list to take to the store or will be texting me from the store to see what's still needed!

I am so excited to be serving with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment