Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Everything...

We have everything!  EV-RY-THING showed up today!
God is amazing!  EVERY SINGLE WEEK I look at how much we need and think there's no way it can happen apart from God... and I'm right.  Good thing we don't function without Him!  

I just wanted to share a little bit about what we have been able to do this semester:


We have:
  • provided supplemental weekend food for 17-30 kids for 18 weeks
  • provided FULL Thanksgiving meals to 23 families
  • provided Christmas gifts to 13 children
  • provided extra food over the Christmas break
  • provided hats and gloves to 25 children
  • modeled service to our children and community for 18 weeks


Personally, I don't even have words to adequately express my gratitude for how well this semester has gone and for all that it has meant to me to see the provision week after week... from the number of volunteers that have packed bags, organized food, purchased food, delivered bags and on and on and on...  God has placed an amazing group of people in the John Weldon Community... or is it that given the opportunity to serve, we will because it's how He made us, what He made us to do... Either way, I am so blessed to be a part of this community!  Thank you so much for your service these last 18 weeks and for allowing me to be your liaison... to take your offering and deliver it.  It humbles me every single week!  I believe that what we're doing really can change lives... both of those we serve and our very own.  

We are finished for 2011 and will begin again the first week of school in 2012.  Until then, Have a very Merry Christmas!   


2 comments:

  1. Amazing!! When I saw the list this morning, I thought there was no way you would get everything. I hope you can relax over Christmas break and enjoy time with your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jeanette! I will and I hope that you do the same!

    ReplyDelete