Monday, September 5, 2011

9/5 Donations needed by Thursday

We currently need the following to fulfill this week's service to our kids:

3 individual boxes of cereal
2 boxes of instant oatmeal packets
18 cans of chilli
20 cans of peas

We have enough of everything else donated but remember that the following items are sent home every week:  boxes of individual envelopes of easy mac, applesauce, cereal, and oatmeal.  I am hoping to receive the above items by Thursday morning so that I can have next week's needs posted.

New FAQ:

Can I send items that are not on the donation list?

Sure!  I have received several items that are not on the donation list.  What I plan to do with this is to create a menu from those items and send them home with the kids... as long as they can fit into their backpacks.  Items REALLY need to be already in individual serving sizes to be sent home in this backpack program.  If I receive enough of an item that is not on the list and cannot fit in the menu, I will still send it home with the kids... as long as it will fit into their backpacks.  So, the two key factors is 1) it must fit in their backpacks and 2) I must have enough for every child. 

If they cannot fit into their backpacks, they will be donated to Calvary Church's Food Pantry that feeds several families each week.  The bottom line is that, together, we are serving others!

Thank You!

Thank you so much to all who have served through giving donations so far!  I simply cannot explain how amazing it is to see that pile of groceries on the front step each time I come home.  I pray that it is as fun and exciting for you to drop off the surprise!  Please keep it up!  This is a WEEKLY ministry to these kids and requires that we not forget them! 

"Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back—given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity." –Luke 6:38

No comments:

Post a Comment