Saturday, September 24, 2011

Update, Cycle Break & Birthday Bags

This week
This week we have almost everything to serve our kids on 9/30.  We still need the following:
  • 22 cans of chili
  • 14 cans of beefaroni

In addition, if anyone wants to provide produce please contact me first to make sure that we don't have an excess of this but that's always welcome too.  Most weeks we receive a VERY generous donation of produce but there are some weeks that we have less.  So, if it's on your heart just send and email or give me a call!

Cycle Break
For cycle break... do we still call it cycle break or is it officially fall break now... either way, that will include two weekends and I would love to be able to bless our families with two weekends worth of food.  So, here's what we need to make that happen:

  • 24 peanut butter (please get the 18 oz size.  Their backpacks get so so full and heavy if we do the big ones.)
  • 22 jelly (please make sure the container is plastic.  I cannot send home a glass container.)
  • 46 envelopes of easy mac
  • 6 boxes ritz crackers
  • 13 cans of green beans
  • 16 cans of corn
  • 20 cans of ravioli
  • 29 cans of soup
  • 15 fruit cups
  • 13 applesauce cups
  • 3 boxes of 12 cheez its or rold gold pretzels (must be rold gold for peanut free)
  • 15 boxes of raisins (they come in packages of 6, so I need three of those.)
  • 6 pudding cups 

I know it is a lot for that two week period but I know that it can happen if we all work together!


Birthday Bags
Now, on to the birthday bags... Birthday Bags are mentioned on this site on the "Donations Needed" page but we had our first birthday this week.  We were able to provide a cake mix, icing, Happy Birthday plates and napkins to the birthday child.  This allows them to have some kind of celebration at home.  In addition to that I packed up small bags of skittles and starburst to be shared with classmates.  I don't know about your kids but mine are always so excited to have a birthday treat in class and while I was initially bummed with the new treat rules because it means I can't bring the ridiculously sugary cupcake I usually bring for my kids, it makes sharing a classroom treat for Bear Necessities' kids much easier!  I was so blessed to hear from Mr. Marion on Friday when I was dropping off the bags that the birthday girl's face just lit up when she received the unexpected gifts.  Who'd have thought that a kid would be so excited to receive a cake mix and icing but she was!  Every single day I am more convinced that we are doing a great thing here!


No comments:

Post a Comment