Monday, September 19, 2011

We're making a difference

Well, I just never know what to expect from day to day with this.  Do you ever feel like that?  You're going through a normal day and all of a sudden you read something and BAM!  So, anyway, I got tired of editing earlier and so I walked downstairs.  Counted up how many of each thing we have for this week so that I could post what's still needed.  We're up to 30 kids, by the way.  Walked back upstairs.  Logged in to blogspot to give the totals and saw that there was a comment that's been left.  (You can do that, you know.  At the bottom of each post, you can make a comment.  It's kind of fun.  You should try it.)  Anyway, I digress...   :)

I open the comment to read and publish it and my heart just melted!  I've said that I didn't need to know who dropped stuff off, though it's always fun to chat with those that choose to stop in for a bit.  I've also said that I never needed a thank you from anyone for doing this but getting one just now blessed me, humbled me and inspired me.  I don't know who left this comment, and I don't really need to know, but I want to share it with you because it's for all of you too!  I cannot do this alone and each of you has been so necessary in making this work.  This is the comment that was left:


"As a family that is blessed by this group I want to say THANK YOU! I am going to try to volunteer to help put together the items. This has been incredible for us. I know that my kids will get some fun and good food and not have to worry when they open the pantry and see it getting empty. For the last few weeks we haven't seen it that way and that has been such a relief. I am inspired to give back in ways that I can. THANK YOU to all of you."   


THANK YOU to whomever you are!  It is our privilege to help make your life just a little easier!  Thank you for letting us know that we're making a difference in your life!

I am so grateful to be able to do this and am so thankful to Mrs. Crigler for allowing us to do this at John Weldon and to Mr. Marion and Mrs. Meyer for coordinating on their end and to the secretaries in the office who help me out each week when I bring in the bags!  I am also grateful for EACH OF YOU who bring food, pray, pack bags and help me deliver them!  Sigh.  Yep, I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy now.

Alas, there's still some donations needed this week and here's the long list:

5 cans of soup
11 cans of corn

That's it!  Let's keep on making a difference!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment