Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Donations needed by 9/29

Everything has arrived for this week so it's time to look ahead to what our kids will need at that time:

22 cans of chilli
22 cans of beefaroni
6 individual easy mac envelopes
20 cans of peas
20 juice boxes
5 individual bags of pretzels (Rold Gold are peanut free!)
1 box of fruity pebbles treats

I was told yesterday that three of our kiddos will be moving to a different school so that brings our number back to 27.  Mrs. Meyer said that one of the boys asked her if she thought his new school would have good food for him to bring home too.  Sigh.  My heart broke.  I don't know to where they are moving but I'm praying that they'll be blessed by their new community too!  I know that week after week there will be times that money is short for us or we will see other things that we'll want to buy but I pray that we remember the huge difference it makes when we all give just a little.  It isn't that one person is doing this great amazing thing but that this community of people is doing a great amazing thing by working together!  Let's keep it up!


No comments:

Post a Comment